Friday, 23 March 2012

Garmin Forerunner 910XT

So I never received my watch from Amazon, it's been lost or stolen in transit and I now need to claim a refund. Who knows how long this is going to take to process. 

The upside of this rather frustrating episode is I decided to upgrade (lank) and purchase the grand daddy 901XT instead of the 310XT. Man am I glad I did, this watch is da shit. Swim/Run/Bike via ANT+ heart rate, GPS, accelerometer, altimeter, power support, you name it, it does it all. 

I do think it is quite funny how a month ago I was going to buy a second hand Polar off ebay and I now have the top of the range Garmin. All I can say is I am a very happy man. I know it is just a watch computer but it's awesome! 

Ran with it yesterday and it rocked, swam with it today and it rocked. On Sunday I plan to do my first brick (bike & run) with it and I have even uploaded the GPS route for the run course. Ahhh sports geek bliss. 

I'm not even going to get started on the improved stats you see on Garmin Connect website. 

Nuff said & sorry to waste 2 minutes of your time on my useless drivel. 

Have a great weekend & if you are in Londonia enjoy the sunshine. 




1 comment:

  1. I'd like to be the first to say that it's a wonderful watch, except it doesn't prevent blood loss or knee skin donation to the Tarmac Gods when bricking in Richmond Park on a Sunday and cycling into the back of a large car! "shakes head with frown on face" tsk tsk tsk.

    ReplyDelete