Tuesday, 23 October 2012

Just more running really.

Wow where does the time go, it's been over two weeks since my last entry. I hope there is someone out there at that actually reads this thing or cares about the useless information it tenders. Who knows.

It's been quite busy on the sports front with a half marathon, park run & cross country being completed by one or both of the Baylys. As it is off season the swimming has taken a bit of a back seat which is
actually very welcomed.  Hammering out lengths in the pool is definitely the least exciting part of triathlon training.

On the 14th Natale & I completed the Oxford Half marathon in a steady but decent time.

  • Ryan 1:33 (PB)
  • Natale 2:04 (PB)

We spent Saturday evening up in Oxford town in a very quaint/odd guest house and then almost missed the start of the race as I got lost trying to get the car out of Oxford city centre. The entire town is made up of insane little one way roads so once you take a wrong turn you are basically screwed. I almost had a melt down & personality failure but we eventually go to the start line in time. Race was decent but not fantastic as it didn't even go through the beautiful town centre. Strike that one from the race calendar for 2013.

Last weekend I did my first cross country race of the season and Natale ran Wimbledon park run in a new PB, very impressive indeed. I reckon she is going to get a GB outfit before me which would be wrong wrong wrong :-) I ran a brutal cross country race in Epsom Downs up and down a big hill, I am clearly a sucker for punishment. Maybe I am catholic. No I am not.

Off to sweden this weekend to see Matthew & Jessica A.K.A Mutt & Jeff.

Only other news is I was elected onto the Clapham Chasers Committee so pretty chuffed about that.




No comments:

Post a Comment