I had a decent race but went out too fast on the 1st lap so a few guys passed me on the 2nd lap which was rather annoying. There wasn't much I could do about it though as the engine was at full puff. In the end I finished with a 37.42 for 8km which is my season's best. So I can't complain & at least I didn't come last :-)
Post race we went for a couple of beers with the Chasers wich was very cool & we got to see the England v Italy game. We seem to be making some new sport buddies at the club which is marvellous.
Later that afternoon -while rolling down the hill into Wimbledon- we bumped into a SAFA mate of ours (Alix) who we hadn't seen for 7 years. After a bit of a drunken exchange she offered us 2 tickets to join her in a mate's corporate box at the O2 to watch Snow Patrol. Natale LOVES Snow Patrol so it was a mad dash home for a shower then tube up to the O2. Long story short, the concert was awesome and they are a great band live. So a good day all in all. Video & Pics to follow.
Off to the Monday club run in 30 mins and it is Natale's first long club run so Race Report to follow.






No comments:
Post a Comment