Friday, 11 May 2012

Rhino Poaching & Weekend Running

Have you read the terrible story of a Rhino mum and her calf who were recently murdered in the Kruger National Park? 

The authorities have captured 2 of the poachers and killed the 3rd which I suppose is some conciliation, although not much. It really makes me sad that our beautiful Rhinos are being murdered because of some moronic Chinese people. For such an intelligent group of people they sure do know how to fuck things up. Don't even get me started on Tibet!

Since January of this year, more than 210 rhinos have been killed by poachers in South Africa, with 130 in Kruger alone, according to official data.

If current rates continue, at least 600 rhinos will be poached this year, far more than the 448 killed in 2011. — Reuters

I wish the SA Govt could afford to deploy more resources to help protect our wildlife but I realise this isn't exactly a priority for them. Very sad. 

If you would like to help support the big guys buy some beads: http://www.rhinoforce.co.za/

On a happier note, Natale runs her 10K trail run tomorrow and the weather is looking more promising. I think I am more excited than she is TBH. Race report and pics to follow and no I haven't forgotten the Kruger Park pics, I am just lazy. 

Sunday will be my 1st run in 2 weeks so holding thumbs for a pain free run. 

Have a good one. 


No comments:

Post a Comment