Friday, 3 August 2012

London 2012 Olympics - Episode 2 & 3

Wow Wow Wow...

What can I say besides just throwing out more superlatives. This is just brilliant & one of the best experiences of my sporting life. In 2 days I got to see my childhood Volleyball hero team and watch King Wiggo blow everyone away on the road. 

Tuesday we went to the Earls Court Arena to watch some indoor volleyball, Italy v Argentine and then the big boys of Team USA v Germany. Both games were brilliant but watching the hard hitting Germans agains the super talented USA team was very special. The American team are just fantastic and play such spectacular, clinical volleyball.  The movement for guys 6"8 - 6"10 is just wrong. 
It was great experience and a very long day but we had great seats and I was in sporting heaven. 

Results:
3-1 to Italy
3-0 to USA


Wednesday we cycled to Hampton Court Palace where we were lucky enough to see Wiggo win another gold. We had tickets to the finish area so we got to stand against the fence with 300m left on a 44km course, amazing. The ladies race was close as well and a brilliant spectacle. 

Wiggo won with an average speed of 51kph over 41km. That is just so fast & I can only do 30kph average on a 40km time-trial. There we have some perspective now :-) he is a machine!!!!!

Sorry I  struggled to edit too many as it is just so good to see the boys n girls in their skin suits on their £10 000 carbon machines. 

Rest day today then Women's Tri and Athletics tomorrow.  Good times.


No comments:

Post a Comment