It's all over and I cannot believe it. I think I am now official depressed even though I am totally inspired by all the amazing feats of sporting greatness I have witnessed over the past two weeks. There is just way to much to go through and write about in this little blog but here are a few of my highlights:
- Seeing Mo Farrah win the 10 000 meters LIVE.
- Jess Ennis winning the Heptathlon and being there in the stadium for the final 800m event LIVE
- Seeing Wiggo win the Time Trial LIVE
- Seeing Alistair and Jonny run past us to win Gold & Bronze in the men's triathlon LIVE
- Watching the USA indoor men's volleyball team play right in front of me LIVE - my adolescent dream team
- Watching the road cycling winner & pelaton come past us at 70kph, so close we could touch them.
- Singing God Save the Queen with 80 000 people from all over the world as Jess Ennis cried on the podium while receiving her Gold medal.
It truly was a once in a life time experience and I am eternally grateful that we were part of it.
Inspired.com
All I have to do now is get my run time under 30 mins for 10km & I can join the Brownlee bros and Richard Murray in Rio. You have to keep dreaming hey :-)Here are the event pics -
Event 4 - Women's Triathlon
http://www.flickr.com/photos/22538412@N03/sets/72157631047124132/
Event 5 - Super Saturday Athletics
http://www.flickr.com/photos/22538412@N03/sets/72157631080115006/
Event 6 - Men's Triathlon
http://www.flickr.com/photos/22538412@N03/sets/72157631094577158/
Event 7 - Men's Volleyball Quarter Finals
http://www.flickr.com/photos/22538412@N03/sets/72157631112022986/
Event 8 - Women's MTB
Coming Soon
P.S. Excuse the typos as I normally write this at work.
No comments:
Post a Comment