Ahh....what a lovely holiday in France; we had it all, triathlon, cycling, champagne tasting, great food, amazing views, beautiful landscapes, decent weather and fantastic art. We had a really fun and relaxing time on holiday and the batteries are recharged for some more London mayhem. I am happy to be back home even though I would prefer not to be at work. The weather is warm the whole week so good times.
I won't go into all the details of the holiday but a special mention for Natale's first triathlon. She did exceptionally well besides getting lost on the bike course. Tsk tsk...
She was the 3rd fastest female swimmer in her distance which is amazing for a virgin, I mean novice. Added to that, even with an extra 5 km of cycling (zero sense of direction) she came 7th in her age group and would have come 3rd was it not for the orienteering practice she managed to fit into her race. Well done babe!
I had a good race and got a PB of 2:22 so I am happy.
After all the wine, cheese and baguettes we are back on the bike, so to speak. We have a lake swim on Saturday then we are doing the club ride to Brighton on Sunday, it's a 100km so should be fun in the sun.
Next major event is the half marathon in October. I can't believe it is already September, it's almost my birthday which means presents :-)
We are also volunteering at the London Triathlon in a fortnight as our club does one of the waterstands and it's the biggest triathlon in the world (I think) so it should be fun & good to give back a little bit.
That's it for now. Back to work everyone, nothing to see.
Some holiday pics to follow.
No comments:
Post a Comment